Deze still van de komende aflevering heeft sinds vrijdag vragen doen oproepen. Elena en Damon? Zullen zij….? Op de foto staan ze wel heel dicht tegen elkaar… Al weken hangt er een soort lichte spanning tussen Elena en Damon, maar zal die dan de volgende aflevering echt breken? Zal de broederlijke driehoeksverhouding dan toch weer terugkeren?.. We hebben een aantal argumenten verzameld van twee editors. Editor B is voor, Editor S is tegen.
Beslis zelf wie wint:
– Editor B: Elena and Stefan make a cute pair, but Elena and Damon really sizzle. Damon gets under her skin and brings out her firecracker side. Plus, Damon can keep her on her toes — and that’s what makes for great television. We may always root for Elena to end up with the nice guy, but she and Damon have way hotter chemistry, which will give the show a big boost.
– Editor S Counterpoint: It’s way too soon! The show is only in its first season, so it would be TV shark-jumping suicide if the writers let Damon and Elena get together now. Maybe in two, three seasons from now they can consummate that tension, but for now, they need to keep building up this foundation.
To see the rest of the arguments (and pick the winner), just read more.
– Editor B: The drama on The Vampire Diaries has moved at a solid pace thus far, but we’ve yet to see Stefan really shaken to his core. So far the vampire with the heart of gold has done his fair share of ass-kicking when necessary, but we’ve yet to see what he’s really capable of. I just know that under all those abs beats the heart of a bad boy — don’t you want to see Stefan change it up a little?
– Editor S Counterpoint: I’d love to see Stefan go all Angel on us, but you know it would never last. Once he goes back to being all nice-nice vampire Stefan, he’d just mope without his beloved Elena. And moping is pretty boring.
– Editor B: Damon needs a girlfriend, stat. Sure it’s fun to watch him dance around with sorority randos, but we’ve yet to see him meet his relationship match. Plus, once he starts dating Elena, it’ll be perfect time for Katherine to finally make her return after all these years in hiding, which will lead to a whole new dimension of drama.
– Editor S Counterpoint: I can’t deny that I want to see Katherine (especially Nina Dobrev in an Eddie Murphy-like dual role, battling herself), but let’s not kid ourselves: Damon and Elena would never last. They’d flame out fast, so it might as well come toward the end of the series, not now.
Voor mij wint B, ik vind Elena bij Stefan passen. Ze zijn allebei zorgzaam, ze houden van elkaar. Damon zou Elena na een tijdje gek maken, dan is de liefde weg.